We are pleased to announce
as the winner of the 2017 High Sierra Music Festival Band Contest!
Check them out Sunday morning on the Vaudeville Stage at the 2017 High Sierra Music Festival.
The 2017 High Sierra Music Festival Band Contest has ended. Thank you to all who participated!
2017 Band Contest Details and Rules
Always wanted to play High Sierra Music Festival? For the first time ever, we’re pleased to present an opportunity for emerging artists to do just that! Now through May 1st we’re inviting bands to enter to win an opportunity to play on the Vaudeville Stage at this year’s festival on Sunday, July 2nd! Read on for all details and ENTRY FORM.
The Winning Band Will Receive
- A 45-minute opening spot on the Vaudeville Stage on Sunday, July 2, 2017, at High Sierra Music Festival
- 4-day Festival Passes for performing band members
- Special promotion as the winner of the 2017 High Sierra Music Festival Band Contest on High Sierra press releases, website and social media
- Name on 2017 festival billing/commemorative poster
- $500 compensation
How it Works
- Solo artists and bands are invited to enter to win now through midnight PDT, May 1st. Bands enter by following the entry instructions found below under “To Enter”.
- Once the entry period closes, High Sierra Music Festival will review all submissions and select the top 5 finalists at its discretion.
- On May 4, 2017, High Sierra will publish the videos of the top 5 finalists on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- All finalists will be notified with links to their posts at which time they are encouraged to message their friends and fan base to “vote” by liking the post. (Note, for likes to count, they must be liked on the High Sierra pages, not a band’s page. We will provide finalists with language to share on their pages to direct people to their video on High Sierra’s pages).
- Fan Voting will take place from May 4, 2017 through 11:59pm PDT Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
- The video with the most collective post likes* on the High Sierra Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages will be the winner. Winners will be announced at 2pm PDT on May 11th, 2017 on High Sierra Music Festival’s website and in social media.
To be eligible to win, a entrant (band or solo artist) must meet the following requirements:
- Never performed at High Sierra Music Festival on any main stages (Grandstand, Big Meadow, Vaudeville, Shady Grove)
- Never had name included in High Sierra Music Festival billing
- Be available to be on-site and perform at the High Sierra Music Festival in Quincy, CA on Sunday, July 2nd from 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Fulfill the entire entry process
How To Enter
Entry Period: Bands interested in participating should enter between 4/12/2017 and 11:59pm PDT on 5/1/2017 by doing ALL of the following:
Facebook Video Share Post
a) On your band/artist’s Facebook page (or personal page if you don’t have a band/artist page), post a video of yourself/your band performing. There are no restrictions on what kind of video you submit (live performance, studio takes, etc.) as long as you feel like it captures what you do! Videos should be only one song in length and should be MADE PUBLIC on Facebook.
c) Tell your fans/friends in the post why you want to play High Sierra Music Festival
d) Use the #hsmf17bandcontest hashtag in your post (this allows anyone to easily find entry videos to view)
e) Encourage your fans to reshare your video
NOTE: Though your video post likes and shares will not be the determining factor at this stage of the entry process, your fan’s general engagement and responses to your video share post will be considered in the review process.
2. Fill out This Form Below and Submit
3. Finalists only – Send Video File
Once the Entry Period closes, High Sierra will review all submissions and select the top 5 finalists at its discretion. If you are selected as a finalist, you will need to be able to send a digital copy of your video file for High Sierra to post.
And that’s it! Thanks for your interest in performing at High Sierra! We look forward to checking out your videos and welcoming one of you to the Vaudeville Stage soon!
Questions can be directed to email@example.com
*Note: Post likes for finalists may not be purchased. Highly excessively post likes that appear to be of a purchased nature will be investigated for authenticity.