We are committed to fostering a relaxed atmosphere, but there are certain guidelines we must abide by in order to ensure a safe and fun festival for everyone. Help us help you by keeping fire lanes clear, notifying staff of any hazards, and communicating in times of distress – we’re on the same team! Look out for one another, stay hydrated, take breaks, wear sunscreen, and most of all, have fun!
High Sierra Do’s and Don’ts
- Absolutely NO PETS allowed on the festival grounds or parking lots (qualified service animals permitted, see policy here). This will be strictly enforced.
- No glass in the music meadow
- No fireworks or sky lanterns
- No amplified music (or drum circles) from 11pm – 11am
- No campfires or charcoal grills (cook stoves OK)
- No cans, bottles or chairs higher than 18” on the music meadow
- For safety reasons, no Frisbee throwing in the music meadow
- No video recording of any performances.
- No motorized vehicles (golf carts, ATVs, segways).
- No unauthorized vending – if you’re not a registered vendor you may not sell or distribute anything on the festival grounds. Violators are subject to confiscation and/or ejection.
- No laser pens or similar focused-light devices.
- No professional photography equipment or cameras with detachable lenses.
- No drones or remote controlled cameras.
- No confetti, please (every piece needs to get picked up!).
- Prohibited items may be added to this list at any time if necessary.
- Audience taping permitted in the designated tapers section adjacent to the soundboard, microphone stands limited to 7 ft tall max. Taping policy is subject to change per artist request.
- “Point-and-shoot” cameras without additional lenses and cell phone cameras are permitted.
- Bring warm clothes (nights can be cool)
- Bring portable radios to tune into Grizzly Radio
- Festive clothing and fun costume wear strongly encouraged. Daily themes to be announced.
Festival attendees must abide by all local, state, and federal laws. NO ALCOHOL OR DRUG SALES (including nitrous oxide) tolerated anywhere on the festival site or annexed properties. Anyone caught selling or distributing illicit substances will immediately have their wristband cut and be ejected from the festival. Further legal repercussions are likely. Keep in mind that marijuana use is illegal without a prescription, and blatant use of it offends community standards. Please be aware of this and use common sense. If it’s illegal outside the festival, it’s illegal inside, too.
Secure your stuff
Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, but be proactive about the security of your belongings. Leave your campground empty, don’t bring what you cannot afford to lose and be sure to look after one another. If you’re concerned about valuables in your tent, you might consider using a small padlock.
Medical professionals are on-site 24 hours a day. Medical teams are in the Grandstand Meadow (daytime only) and near the Late Night Plaza (24 hrs). Locations are also marked on the Festival Map.
In an emergency, if you’re not near a medical tent, find a staff person with a radio, or notify the nearest Event Staff personnel. Tip – If you’re not sure whether it’s an emergency, assume it is and get help right away.